QR Code Your Learning
QR codes are everywhere! So what are they all about? Students will be able to create a QR code to share a digital artifact with parents, students and teachers.
- Be able to take a digital artifact and embed it into a QR code.
- Be able to share the code with an audience.
QR Code: A QR code is a type of barcode that is readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera telephones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded may be text you want students to read, websites, or video.
Embed: To embed is to incorporate (a video or other item of data) within the body of a web page or other document.
Scan: To scan is to pass an electron beam over and convert (an image) into variations of electrical properties (as voltage) that convey information electronically.
- You will need devices that can scan a QR code to test them: Here are some apps that can be downloaded onto a device.
- Watch a video tutorial to learn more about QR Codes and how to create them using QR Stuff.
- Watch this video tutorial to learn how to create QR code via Google.
- Here are two sites that generate QR Codes.
- Create your own QR code so that you are comfortable teaching this to students.
- See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
- Ask Students what is a QR code? Have you ever seen a QR Code? Have you ever scanned a QR Code?
- A QR Code is a type of barcode that is readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera telephones.
- The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background.
- The information encoded may be text you want students to read, websites, or video.
- Show videos to the students.
Ask the students what they could use QR codes for in the classroom?
Start out REALLY BASIC with the students.
Have students go to a favorite website they use to find reliable information.
Have students copy the URL.
Go to https://www.qrstuff.com
Click in the URL block in Part 2
Paste their URL into the Box
Click DOWNLOAD Code
Have them save the code to use on a poster or to print out to use in the classroom.
- Check for understanding
- Have students share on a Google doc their favorite site to go to to locate relevant reliable information
- Share on a table in Google Docs (Example)
- Click on one of the boxes.
- Type in your name of site
- Go to insert/ Image/ upload from computer
- Find your code.
6a: Students choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
6d Students publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
Device: PC, Chromebook, Mac, iPad
Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, ALL
App, Extension, or Add-on:
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
QR code a book trailer. Record book commercial on vocaroo and embed into QR Code.
QR code your art project or a famous artist and their art work.
QR Code a Math problem you solved on Show Me.
Find a website relating to a class discussion.
QR code a current event.
This task card was created by Courtney Conley, Utica Community Schools, February 2018.