Interactive Lessons With Nearpod
Nearpod is an online site where a teacher can create and import interactive lessons along with online assessments, polls, virtual field trips, etc. Teachers share a live session, students enter a code, and the lesson is synced to all devices.
Teachers will increase student engagement by learning how to use Nearpod to make interactive presentations and lessons, as well as to customize existing lessons or create new ones. Nearpod can also used as an assessment tool and the teacher can be given immediate feedback.
- Be able to learn from Interactive and engaging lessons with presentations through Nearpod.
- Be able to use Nearpod for study guides as well as assistance in mastering required grade-level standards.
- Be able to have an opportunity to receive immediate feedback from teacher.
- Be able to receive customized lessons for individual and/or group learning goals & needs.
Be able to create their own Nearpods.
- Nearpod: A Nearpod is an interactive presentation and assessment tool.
- Teacher will create a Nearpod account.
- Teacher will set time aside to practice NearpodTools.
- Watch the Nearpod Video on YouTube.
- Teachers need to review the Nearpod Tutorial on apps/webs tools of choice.
- Teachers can use existing lessons in any PDF file or Google Drive and move into Nearpod.
- Teachers can use Nearpod created tools as an introductory tool. There are several to choose from.
- Teachers can assist students in the future in creating their own Nearpods.
- See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
- Read to text is available
- Videos (Closed Captioning)
- Teacher create a simple lesson in Nearpod for students.
- Conduct the lesson with students.
- Evaluate how the lesson went.
- Was it better presented online?
- What was the student reaction?
- Begin creating lessons in Nearpod with more interactivity to share with students.
- Have the students create lessons in Nearpod.
- Here is an example of a student created slide that was put into Nearpod in regards to the 5 Themes of Geography.
- Check for understanding
- Nearpod has an assessment tool built into it that can be teacher-created with various options such as quizzes, drawing tools, polls, etc.
- Teacher can print results if needed as well as send individual results via email to student .
- Students can continue to add to their presentations and build upon their knowledge.
Use IT! Empowered Learner
1c.Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
1d. Students understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfertheir knowledge to explore emerging technologies.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Device and Resources
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
- Nearpod has Mini” lessons on conventions of writing as well as grammar, writing process, and many types of reading comprehension strategies.
- Visual art, map body systems, add examples of musical pieces for students to view, etc.
Use to teach vocabulary, study guides, concepts, reteach a lesson.
Use to introduce ecosystems, review of any unit science vocab, video an experiment, personalize learning.
Understanding important geographic terms specific to grade level as well as 5 Themes of Geography. Nearpod also works well for civics, economics and history of individual grade levels.
This task card was created by Denise Gallemore, Marysville Public Schools, January 2018.