Q5 Tech Gymnastics
Want to do well in school? Build up your keyboarding skills and it will make life online, writing papers, searching for tunes, taking tests, texting, and just about everything online much quicker and easier. Many of the places you might apply for a job require keyboarding skills.
Have you been typing/keyboarding with a hunt and peck system? With two thumbs? Many tests used in schools will require you to be able to type or enter data more quickly. Your goal is to build your typing speed to 35 words per minute (wpm). The faster and more accurately you can type, the better chance you have to meet challenges ahead. Take a speed test (no tickets will be given out for speeding!) and then use the free programs listed below to improve your skills.
I Can Statements
- access keyboarding sites
- practice keyboarding skills
Home Keys: The base position for one's fingers on a computer keyboard: asdf and jkl;.
Portfolio: A collection of works and/or documents stored in one location with the aim of presenting your work.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode." Direct Link
1. Take a keyboarding test at Typing Test
2. We recommend that your teacher set up a FREE account at Typing.com so you can log in and practice proper finger placement and get your speed and accuracy rates.
An alternate resource is the Typing Club, which also has a placement test and lessons.
3. Try some fun games to practice at Kidstype BBC Typing Games or Typing.com Typing Games.
Typing apps for the iPad:
Completing this Quest
1. Click the link for the keyboarding test listed above and take a free keyboarding test. Share the results with your teacher and set a personal goal for improvement.
2. Enter your keyboarding score in the tracking document, checklist, or your Student Showcase Portfolio, and update it before the end of the semester or year.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I'm ready for Quest 6 Safe & Secure
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
Websites and Documents
- Kidstype BBC Typing Games
- Tap Typing Trainer for iPad
- Typing Test
- Typing.com Typing Games
- Typing Racer for iPad
- Word Drop HD for iPad
21t4s Documents & Quizzes