As you may have discovered, most of the Format tools are icons on the toolbar. We want to make sure that you are aware of all of the options on the Format toolbar before moving on. We have included a screen capture of the Format menu for you to view below.
I Can Statements
- collaborate online to create a presentation
- understand the features and attributes of effective presentations
- create a multimedia presentation using a variety of tools
1. Jigsaw (divide and conquer) as a class: Students (or pairs) pick one of the Format menu items from the list to explore for two-three minutes.
2. Students will then demonstrate what they figured out to others in small groups or to the entire class.
3. Optional - The class might vote on their top three formatting tools and explain why.
Completing this Quest
Once you have demonstrated the features of the Format tool you chose and learned from classmates about the others, you are ready to learn about editing tools in Quest QM4. Make sure to review the I Can Statements before moving on to the next Quest.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Ready for QM4 - Effects
Quest Teacher Guide
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. With guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. Contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal