Gold - Bookmarking in the Cloud
In the previous Gold Quests you learned about cloud computing and bookmarking resources using Diigo or Symbaloo so that you can easily access your favorite sites on any device.
You will choose Diigo or Symbaloo to bookmark resources as you progress through the 21 Things 4 Students Quests. For Quests/tutorials that show you how to use these, use Gold Quests Investigating Diigo and Investigating Symbaloo.
I Can Statements
- bookmark resources for easy retrieval with Diigo or Symbaloo
- share Cloud bookmarks
- assign keywords and descriptions to bookmark in Diigo
- highlight objects in Diigo
- capture objects in Diigo
- use anchored and floating sticky notes in Diigo
- Use the Diigo toolbar to highlight two-three pieces of relevant information from the Things you have completed.
- For each highlight, add a sticky-note summarizing the information you highlighted.
- Capture two or more relevant screenshots using the Diigo capture tool. Add text summarizing the content you captured.
- Create a webmix. Consider creating multiple webmixes and organizing them by topic (e.g.,How-tos, Visual Organizers, Research, Photos, etc.).
- Bookmark two-three relevant resources (e.g.,tutorials, web pages, tools, etc.) for each webmix.
Optional Assignment: Now you are ready to begin bookmarking your own interests using Diigo or Symbaloo. Do you have a school appropriate topic that you are passionate about and would like to share with your classmates? What websites and videos would you choose? Find at least six resources to add to Diigo or Symbaloo. (Below is an example webmix teaching Origami)
3. Share the link to your bookmarks with your classmates.
Completing this Quest
Continue to use Symbaloo/Diigo to bookmark important things/tools as you learn about other Things. Check with your teacher to see how you will share and submit your bookmarks.
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
3.Gold Bookmarking in the Cloud Student Checklist
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
ISTE Standards for Students
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. plan employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.