Q3. Making it Your Own
In this Quest, you will learn how to enhance your digital lifestyle by choosing ways to customize your digital environment.
Accessibility: Making tasks or things easier to do or use, by people with special needs.
Options: Multiple ways of doing something.
Universal Design: Designing something so that it can be accessed/done in multiple ways.
Disability: A physical or thinking difficulty that makes it hard for people to do things like school work or taking care of themselves.
I Can Statements
- Find the accessibility options menu on my digital device
- Customize my settings, such as making my fonts easier to see, have the text read aloud to me, and use my voice for typing.
- Select and use a variety of digital resources and tools strategically.
1. Check with your teacher about the following:
- Will you work with a partner, or alone?
- Will you download the document to your computer or copy it into your Google or Microsoft Drive space?
- If working with a partner will you use only one document together, or share it so you can both access and edit it online?
2. Copy or download and save this Accessibility Tools Research document to: your Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, folder, or print it out.
Remember to name it and save it where you can find it again.
3. Add your name(s) and class information to the document. If you are working with a partner, you may need to share it with them with editing access.
4. Your challenge is to find the answers to the questions in the Accessibility Tools Research document through research and by actually trying-it-out as you explore ways to customize your computing environment. Resources are provided in the content block below (select the + symbol to expand the block).
Note: Some of the videos are only located in YouTube, if they are blocked check with your teacher about a work around.
5. Select the resources in the list below that apply to the digital computing device you are using in school and/or at home. Step-by-step video tutorials are provided below this Table of Accessibility Features.
Your challenge is to find the answers to the questions in the Accessibility Research Document, by researching and then trying it out to see how to customize your own computing environment.
Table of Accessibility Features
|Web page resources||Video Resources|
|Mac OS||Mac Accessibility||
MacOS Mojave Accessibility (YouTube 8:26)
|Apple iPad||iPad Accessibility||
iPad Accessibility (YouTube 1:10)
Step-by-step Video tutorials on how to set up these features using:
Mac OS Mojave
6. Last Step
Please make sure you add the following to the “My work is easier when…” section of your My Digital Life Portfolio/Infographic.
- Add the tools/settings needed to for the action to work.
- Explain why you are using them, or how they are helpful.
- Give an example of how this works for you.
Completing this Quest
You have completed this Quest after completing the I Can Statement and steps above. You will consider the new information you have learned when you work on
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I am ready to go on to Quest 4
3.Q3 Student Checklist
Quizlet- Big Ideas Quiz
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
ISTE Standards for Students
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
a. Students choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
Websites and Applications