Q3 Online Etiquette
You have reviewed what proper online behavior is, now let’s test your Cyber Shield.
Review the materials about Digital Citizenship and Rules of Netiquette, then take an online quiz. If your shield is strong, go on to the next Quest.
I Can Statements
- be safe on the Internet
- be a good digital citizen
- understand online and email etiquette
- be polite while communicating with others on the Internet
- respect other's privacy
Digital Citizen: “Digital citizens are PK-12 learners who proactively approach their digital access, participation, and associated rights, accountability and opportunities with empathy, ethics, and a sense of individual, social and civic responsibility.” ISTE
1. Review this poster provided on the Begin Here page Digital Citizenship Poster
3. Click the link provided for the Online Etiquette Cyber Shield Check. Enter your first name and the password - 21neti (short for netiquette).
4. Before going on to the next Quest:
Check your score – it should be 10 or better for a strong Cyber Shield.
Less than 10? If your shield is weak, review the Nine Themes of Digital Citizenship and 10 Rules of Netiquette and then re-take the Cyber Shield Check! Re-take the Cyber Shield Check again and make sure you are ready for the next activity!
Work as a class or in small groups of 3-4 and look at both posters.
- One of your group needs to open a word processing program and title it Qualities of Digital Citizenship.
- Look at both posters and write a definition using complete sentences, of what a good Digital Citizen means to you, listing at least four or more qualities that your group feels is most important.
- Make a list of 3 qualities from the posters that you feel present the biggest problem in your school or with classmates, and write them down in your group document, or bold them if you copied and pasted them.
- Ask another group to join you and brainstorm at least two things you or others could do to tackle each problem. Be specific.
- Share these with the entire class and your teacher for feedback.
Completing this Quest
Before proceeding to the next section, check with your teacher to see if they would like a screenshot of your quiz results.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Proceed to – Protect Your Identity, Cyber Spy Game
Websites and Applications
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property