Q6 Six Clicks
6.Q6 Script for the animated video below
In this Quest, you will view some videos to help you think through how much information can be found out online and privacy. How much information could be found out about you in six clicks? Watch these videos closely; have you left any personal identifiers on the net? In the Digital Footprint section, we began to explore your presence. In this Quest, you will look at what might be posted through connections to others that are online.
I Can Statements
- be safe on the Internet
- be a good digital citizen
- respect others' privacy
Personal identifiers: These identifiers are personal information about yourself that others can use without your consent or knowledge to steal your identity.
Dossier: A dossier is a collection of documents about a particular person, event, or subject
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode".
1. Watch SchoolTube's "Internet Safety: Do You Really Have a Private Life Online".
- Discuss with a classmate or friend: Did you think your privacy settings kept others from seeing your photos or online information? What should you do?
2. Watch "6 Degrees of Information".
- What was this experiment about? What did he find?
3. Do you know the risks of posting inappropriate pictures, videos, or messages about yourself online?
4. Next, watch this video from Netsmartz "Two Kinds of Stupid".
4. Reflection and discussion:
- Will your posts online, Snapchat, Instagrams, or emails impact your chance to get a job?
- Will it prevent your application for a job or college from being considered?
5. Share what you have learned from this Quest by using this Cybershield Template and create your own personal Cyber Shield, explaining what steps you can take to protect yourself in the Digital World.
Completing this Quest
Save the file into your File Space and submit it as instructed by your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
Websites and Documents
Linked videos from outside sources
- Internet Safety: Do You Really Have a Private Life Online video
- Six Degrees of Information video
- Two Kinds of Stupid video