Q6 Six Clicks
6.Q6 Script for the animated video below
In this Quest you will view some videos to help you think through how much information can be found out online and privacy. How much information could be found out about you in six clicks? Watch these videos closely; have you left any personal identifiers on the net? In the Digital Footprint section we began to explore your presence. In this Quest you will look at what might be posted through connections to others that are online.
Personal identifiers: These identifiers are personal information about yourself that others can use without your consent or knowledge to steal your identity.
Dossier: A dossier is a collection of documents about a particular person, event, or subject
I Can Statements
- be safe on the Internet
- be a good digital citizen
- respect others' privacy
1. Watch this resource on SchoolTube "Internet Safety: Do You Really Have a Private Life Online" (YouTube). It will open in this window, however you can right-click on the hyperlink and select to open it in a new window. Check with your teacher on the preferred way to open linked information.
- Discuss with a table partner or classmate: Did you think your privacy settings kept others from seeing your photos or online information? What should you do?
- What was this experiment about? What did he find?
4. Class Discussion: Will your posts online, snapchats, instagrams, or emails impact your chance to get a job? Will it prevent your application for a job or college from being considered?
5. Share what you have learned from this Quest by using the this pdf fileor Microsoft Worddocument, and create your own personal Cyber Shield, explaining what steps you can take to protect yourself in the Digital World.
Completing this Quest
Save the file into your File Space and submit it as instructed by your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.