Q7 Stop the Bullying
- Describe Cyberbullying
- What is your first reaction when you see negativity towards someone else or when it's directed at you?
- How does online bullying impact what happens at school?
- What ideas do you have to help someone else who has had experience of being bullied online?
- What would happen if you see a person at school who you know is being cyberbullied?
Direct link to video on YouTube
Can you identify a cyberbully and be prepared to take the bully out of Cyberbully? Learn some ways to protect yourself online.
I Can Statements
- be safe on the Internet
- be polite while communicating with others on the Internet
Bullying: Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior manifested by the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when the behavior is habitual and involves an imbalance of power.
Cyberbullying: Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology. Electronic technology includes devices and equipment such as cell phones, computers, and tablets as well as communication tools including social media sites, text messages, chat, and websites.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode". Direct link.
1. Watch the Cyberbullying Video
2. Next watch this one by Ricardo about "Making Fun of Others Online" from Common Sense Media, but posted on YouTube.
3. Discuss with your class or with a friend, and then make a list using this Document Template for the types of things that are hurtful that:
- pre-teens and teens tell each other in person;
- things they tell to someone else about someone; and
- things they post online or text. Use specific examples for these.
4. Were your examples different in the three lists?
5. In your classroom, with your teacher, or an adult at home, share your list and the examples. Discuss why you think this happens and positive ways you can deal with these types of situations.
Completing this Quest
Save to your File Space or print the file and submit it as instructed by your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Proceed to the next Quest – Nobody Likes a Bully
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
Websites and Documents
Linked videos from outside sources
- Bullying It's not what it used to be video
- I see that and it's not OK" video
- Making Fun of Others Online video
- Stop Cyberbullying Before the Damage is Done video YouTube video
- Teen Talk on Cyberbullying video YouTube video
21t4s Documents & Quizzes