littleBits is a hands-on learning system of electronic building blocks that allows students of all ages to create with technology. These snap-together Bits are easy to use and simple to understand, no prior experience required. littleBits are STEAM solutions are that are gender-neutral, scalable across Grades 3-12, and suitable for cross-curricular instruction.
Appropriate for Grades: 3 - 12
Adding Value by Adding littleBits
littleBits enhance the project-based learning curriculum through math, music, art, computer programming and more. Using them empowers students to experiment, persist, and become critical problem solvers through project-based lessons. They gain creative confidence to design, code, and engineer solutions to real-world challenges.
- Just getting started with littleBits? The Educator’s Guide will make it easy.
- This tip sheet explains the 4 different types of bits, also called modules, used to build a circuit.
- littleBits classroom has easily access lesson plans, educator guides, activities, troubleshooting tips, and customizable handouts for different grades, subjects, and learning pathways.
- Find hundreds of step-by-step instructional videos for building littleBits to do amazing things.
- Engaging and popular littleBits projects broken out by age group complete project instructions.
- In Building Blocks that Blink Beep and Teach TED Fellow Ayah Bdeir introduces littleBits, a set of simple, interchangeable blocks that make programming as simple and important a part of creativity as snapping blocks together.
For additional assistance with littleBits or to try-before-you-buy, please contact your local REMC.