Opportunities and Offerings
Michigan Online Professional Learning
The following are opportunities to learn about OER, Creative Commons, and other topics you may find useful.
- You can take the free REMC Virtual courses “just to learn” or you can complete all assignments. They take place over three weeks with two webinars and four-ten hours of resource review, assessment development and written reflection. SCECHs available.
- #GoOpen: Open Educational Resources in Michigan: In this BETA course, you will learn more about Open Educational Resources: how and why to use them, where to find them, and how to incorporate them.
- Courses for SCECH credit on the collection and dissemination of OER are plentiful throughout EduPaths. Some courses introduce you to a collection of resources available, however all EduPaths courses are developed highlighting OER around instruction, assessment, tech integration and more, as well as how to implement them in your classroom.
Other Organizations: Online Professional Learning
- Open Washington Learning Modules: A self-paced course from Open Washington,State Board for Community and Technical Colleges, walks you through techniques to incorporate Open Educational Resources (OER) into your teaching practice.
- Smartcopying: Open Education courses are available through Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU), School of Open. Include standalone and facilitated courses on the meaning, application and impact of "Open" in the digital age.