Independent Math Practice
This task card is based on a commercial program called Tenmarks. A school district can purchase licensing for students depending on the student and classroom needs. Licensing can be purchased for grades K-8 and then for Algebra, Geometry and Integrated Math.
Tenmarks is a math website that is directly connected to the Common Core Standards. Students are given a login and tasks are assigned by the teacher. Tasks are connected to the National Common Core Standards. Once students complete the tasks successfully they are able to view scores and progress. If they struggle on a certain standard they have a video tutorial connected to that standard to watch for a reteach of the skill. Teachers can access reports on student progress.
- Be able to log onto the website, locate their assignments, and complete tasks assigned to them.
The Teacher will be able to create math tests for students in the tenmarks site.
- URL: Uniform Resource Locator, is the name of a web site address
- Username: A username is an identification used by a person with access to a computer, network, or online service.
- Password: A password is a secret word or phrase that must be used to gain admission to something.
- Links: Links a code or instruction that connects one part of a program or an element in a list to another.
Students locate website.
Students log in with username and password.
Students locates assignments.
Students complete assignments.
Students review lesson tutorials.
Students reviews scores.
- Check for understanding
- Within the Tenmarks program itself, teachers can check on student progress, print reports, change and adjust student levels.
1a. Students articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
1c. Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
Connects learning to common core math standards and practices.
This task card was created by Julie Hoehing, Lake Shore Public Schools, January 2018.