Bees and Honey
Bees and Honey is an interactive mousing game. Students will have fun with counting and also with 1:1 correspondence. They will use mousing and clicking skills as they use the app.
- Be able to use mousing skills to count.
- Be able to use 1:1 correspondence independently.
Mouse: A mouse is an input device that is most often used with a personal computer.
- Visit the Bees and Honey game and learn how to use it.
- Introduce the game Bees and Honey to students.
- Demonstrate how to use the mouse and click on the items while counting.
- See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
The teacher introduces Bees and Honey to students.
Begin with showing the students to touch the bee with their finger before using the mouse. Demonstrate counting with 1:1 correspondence out loud.
Demonstrate using the mouse.
- Check for understanding
- Have students show how to count using items such as teddy bear counters.
- As a class count out loud.
- Hide specific items around the classroom and have students find a specific number.
- Advanced students begin to add groups of items to 10.
1a. Students articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
1b. Students build networks and customize their learning environments in ways that support the learning process.
1c. Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
1d. Students understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
Device: PC, Chromebook
Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, ALL
This game requires that Flash be enabled.
Bees and Honey game
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
- Students can illustrate numbers and objects. Each student makes a bee and the class counts using the bees. The craft can be found at https://iheartcraftythings.com/bee-finger-puppets-craft.html
Students learn to count, apply 1:1 correspondence and work independently.
This can assist with math skills within the classroom with counting objects.
Learn about bees and honey by watching a short video on bees.
This task card was created by Julie Hoehing, Lake Shore Public Schools, September 2018.