StoryBots Classroom is a resource for educators that includes unlimited access to hundreds of videos, books, games and activities for use on interactive whiteboards, tablets and laptops in the classroom.
Be able to use Storybots to assist them in their learning process in efforts to achieve their learning goal.
- Be able to use Storybots to enhance instruction.
To prepare for this lesson:
Sign up for a free StoryBots teacher account.
Read/watch the tutorial on how to use StoryBots.
Add your students into your classroom.
How do I add or edit students tutorial.
Decide what videos books, etc. you wish to have in your backpack.
- Backpack instructions
- The backpack allows teachers to keep your favorites or planned activities easily accessible and share content with parents for free!
- The Backpack can hold up to six activities at a time. You can change them as often as you like. Normal change time is about a week.
- The math activities are great for the interactive whiteboard, and the games randomly call on students to try to answer.
- Students LOVE the “Starring You” in books and videos. Here, they can put themselves directly in the video or book.
- Decide how you want to use this app. You can use it at various technology stations or use it with an interactive whiteboard.
- *Storybots does not keep track of student activities or progress. It is a tool to enhance instruction.
- These tutorials are very helpful when setting up your classroom.
- Invite Parents- Once you have the online class up and running, you can invite parents. Click on INVITE parents and you will get two choices for inviting.
See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
Directions for this activity:
Here is a sample lesson you could do
Show the video on seasons
Put the seasons game up on the interactive whiteboard for students to play.
Print out seasons activity book. And have them complete one of the worksheets.
There are a TON of activities that the students are able to do.
Different options for assessing the students:
- Check for understanding
- Completed worksheets can be used as an exit ticket.
1.a. Students develop learning goals in collaboration with an educator, select the technology tools to achieve them and revise the learning process as needed to achieve goal.
1.d. Students explore age-appropriate technologies and begin to transfer their learning to different tools or learning environments.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
StoryBots can be used to teach letters and sounds.
StoryBots can be used to teach time, counting and geometry.
StoryBots can be used to teach about dinosaurs and space.
StoryBots can be used to teach about feelings and behaviors.
This task card was created by Courtney Conley, Utica Schools. January 2019.