WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN IN THIS INDEPENDENT LEARNING UNIT:
After completing this unit, the educator will:
1. Know the different definitions of personalized learning
2. Be able to motivate students by giving them the ability to choose the process that best fits their needs
3, Understand how to allow student voice and choice in the classroom
4. Know how to use a number of interactive tools to use in the classroom
5. Know how to structure the classroom to allow for increased learning
6. Make connections with technology standards and best practice
7. Transfer the learning to professional practice by applying these resources to shape personalized learning in the classroom
You will be documenting your learning as you go through each of the sections. Please visit the Final Assignment page before you begin.
Note: This independent learning unit should take no longer than 10 hours.
Move on to Student Voice and Choice.
2b. Advocate for equitable access to educational technology, digital content and learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of all students.
5a. Use technology to create, adapt and personalize learning experiences that foster independent learning and accommodate learner differences and needs.
5b. Design authentic learning activities that align with content area standards and use digital tools and resources to maximize active, deep learning.
5c. Explore and apply instructional design principles to create innovative digital learning environments that engage and support learning.
6a. Foster a culture where students take ownership of their learning goals and outcomes in both independent and group settings.
6b. Manage the use of technology and student learning strategies in digital platforms, virtual environments, hands-on makerspaces or in the field.
7a. Provide alternative ways for students to demonstrate competency and reflect on their learning using technology.
7b. Use technology to design and implement a variety of formative and summative assessments that accommodate learner needs, provide timely feedback to students and inform instruction.
7c. Use assessment data to guide progress and communicate with students, parents and education stakeholders to build student self-direction.