Professional Learning | Empower Teachers
Your task is to:
- Create and share a short personal story (audio or video, 1-2 min) based on a personal or teaching experience that:
a. is told with meaning
b. has a lead-in or hook to capture audience attention and interest
c. tells what happened
d. ends with some conclusion or action
- Create a content-based story (2-4 min) that addresses some concept, or idea for your identified audience, that applies some of the elements and strategies of storytelling through the use of digital media resources and/or applications that applies to your teaching setting.
After completing this unit we ask for you to take a moment and reflect on:
- How you might implement storytelling in your teaching?
- Identify some steps you can take to put what you have learned into action.
- How you could use storytelling activities with your students to help them improve their understanding, literacy, and learning?