21t4s Student Resources
The 21t4s Experience from the Student Perspective
In this section you will look at the learning environment and project-based learning activities of the 21things4students from a student perspective. The next section will explore it from the teacher perspective with the teaching resources and supports available.
Steps (from a student perspective)
1. Start at the main 21things4students page.
2. Select 1 - Basics. This takes you to the Begin Here Orientation to 21things4students page.
3. Watch the videos, read through the content, and try the Video Control Quiz.
4. When done, use the link "I'm ready to begin Thing 1 - Basics" at the bottom of the page. (looks like this)
5. Watch the animated introduction video, read the Introduction and learning objectives.
6. Locate and read the directions for using the checklists (on the right-hand sidebar).
7. Continue by selecting Quest 1 Navigation tips.
8. Your task is to complete each of the following Quests in Basics:
- Qiest 1 Navigation Tips
- Quest 2 Image Capture
- Quest 3 Shortcuts
- Quest 4 Web Browsers
- Quest 6 Safe & Secure
9. Skip to the Basics Graduation Page
- Take the Basic quiz in Step 2 and screenshot your results.
- Preview the short survey in Step 4 that is used to collect feedback from students that helps guide annual revisions.
10. Open your Personal Learning Goals and Reflection Document and complete Section III, reflecting about your experience with the Student Resources.
Note - You will learn about accessing digital badges and graduation certificates in the next section.
11. Open your PLGRD (Personal Learning Goals and Reflection Document) and reflect on your experiences completing some of the Basics Quests as a student.
- What will you need to do to support student navigation and learning?
- What resources are provided for students to support their own learning?
- Identify some potential trouble-spots.
- Questions I have.
*Reminder: Review your personal learning goals based on your new experiences and knowledge, and revise them as needed.
Move on to 21t4s Teaching Resources