What you are going to learn in this Independent Learning unit:
1. Know how to do an accurate search in Michigan eLibrary (mel.org)
2. Know how to use online resources to cite sources efficiently
3. Know tips and tricks to safely use Google, discussion forums and YouTube
4. Know how to sift and evaluate resources for accuracy and authenticity
5. Understand which resources are appropriate when doing research
6. Make connections with technology standards and best practice
7. Transfer the learning to professional practice by encouraging students to safely search the Internet and cite resources accurately.
You will be documenting your learning as you go through the five sections. At the, end you will create a lesson plan or activity modeling how you can use these strategies in your classroom or setting. Visit the Final Assignment page for instructions.
Note: This unit should take no longer than 10 hours
Continue on to Michigan eLibrary