OER: The What, Why, and How of Open Educational Resources
Open Educational Resources (OER) are free, openly licensed, high-quality tools that allow users to retain, reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute them for educational purposes. In this course, participants will:
- Build an understanding of OERs.
- Discover ways to use OER to differentiate instruction.
- Learn where to find free image and audio resources, online books, videos, audiobooks, interactive simulations, game-based learning, lesson plans, textbooks, online courses, and much more.
- Explore how to use OER to develop or enhance a unit, lesson, or project to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Share resources and collaborate across geographic boundaries to ensure learners have equitable access to up-to-date and innovative materials.
Participants create an authentic lesson, unit, or project that uses an OER to enhance student learning. Participants also develop a plan for creating an OER that fills an unmet need in their professional practice.