Are you looking to increase student engagement in your classroom? Do you want to effectively blend within your classroom to incorporate online elements?
This free Blended Learning in the Classroom course is for all types of educators - administrators, teachers of all subjects, teachers of all levels! Participate in the FREE 16 week opportunity to begin transforming your classroom. Optional: 62 SCECHs available. Click here for more information and to register
As a participant, you will engage with a learning cohort in a blended course and begin with developing your own blended learning environment to implement with your students.
- experience active and timely practice
- learn with a small cohort of fellow educators
- engage in learning, application, review, and revision
- develop blended lessons in your existing classroom
- submit artifacts to your cohort for sharing and improving
Most activities will be completed online; there will be one face-to-face session with your instructor, and multiple virtual meetings throughout the course.
The course is NOT self-paced. Based on best practice identified by research, it is scaffolded within modules (units). While there is some flexibility of when you complete items in each unit, participants will be expected to spend 4-5 online hours each week in order to be successful in the course, where artifacts will be submitted weekly. Additional time will be expected each week for implementation into/practice with your own class.
The Blended Learning in the Classroom course begins on January 11 with online work, and includes a face-to-face session to be held within two weeks of the course start date. The date listed below for your cohort is the date of the face-to-face session. Participants will be expected to begin coursework online prior to the face-to-face session.
- Professional Development
- Teaching Resources
We are gathering tested tips, tricks and strategies to assist teachers facilitate a quality online blended learning environment.
We hope to collect 3 to 5-minute video vignettes that will give teachers tips, tricks and strategies to develop an exceptional online blended learning environment.
Willing to share? Just complete a form at: http://bit.ly/howtoblend .
Assistance with creating videos is available. Those who are selected and complete the 3 to 5 minute video will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
The Personalized Learning Conference will be held at Kent ISD on May 4, 2016. All educators who want to learn more about personalized teaching and learning are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Our goal with this conference is to build awareness and understanding of how to personalize teaching and learning for the purpose of increasing student learning outcomes. We will also focus on how to implement personalized learning through mastery learning and system-alignment.
Registration opens on January 4 at 8AM. For additional updates about the conference, please visit the conference website at http://plcon16.weebly.com.
MI Learns Online Webinars, November 2015
- November 4 - General Overview of the REMC MLO Portal - This overview of will include the resources that support administrators, counselors, teachers and parents. It will also include a review of the courses available and how to access them.
- November 18 - Review Courses at the MLO Portal and How to Access Them - The participant will learn what courses are available in their content areas and how to access them for their own use.
- Time: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
- To register: Go to http://tinyurl.com/LearnMLO2015-16
January 7 & 8, 2015