About the REMC Association
The Regional Educational Media Center Association of Michigan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1969. Its members are the 28 local regional educational media centers operated through the intermediate school district structure.
Mission and Beliefs
The REMC Association of Michigan believes that it must provide proactive leadership to the Michigan educational community by participating with other organizations in building a vision that supports quality teaching and learning and provides equity to Michigan's pre-K-12 students.
The REMC Association of Michigan will accomplish this within the framework of the following principles:
- Improve learning for all students.
- Support constituents and improve teaching and learning statewide through future-focused collaboration, leadership and service.
- Empower teachers to create high quality, engaging instructional environments when they have access to the necessary skills, tools and rich sources of information.
- Provide effective cost savings through statewide cooperative purchasing, which allows local resources to be reallocated to enhance teaching and learning.
- Advance statewide connectivity through delivery systems and infrastructure.
Kay Hauck, REMC 5, President
Andy Mann, REMC 4, Past President
Mark Lyons, REMC 6, President-Elect
Bob Frost, REMC 10, Treasurer
Heather Kowalski, REMC 3, Secretary
Tom Louks, REMC 14W, Member-at-Large
2021-22 Business Meeting Dates
September 14, October 12, November 19, December 14, January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10 and June 17.
The Association is an organizational affiliate of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).