Digital Story Writing
Students have fun creating, sharing and reading their own digital storybook created on StoryJumper.
- Be able to create their own story, add illustrations and writing as well as read their own story.
- Be able to write and then read for fluency.
- Fluency: Fluency is the ability to speak accurately and clearly.
- Collaborate: To collaborate is to work together.
- Template: A template is the material used as a pattern.
To prepare for this lesson:
- The teacher should create a free account on storyjumper.com.
- The teacher should register students in his/her class.
- Lesson plans are available on the website.
- Watch the videos:
Note: The teacher can create books for class collaboration.
See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
Different options for assessing the students:
- Check for understanding
- Have students share books with the class for observation.
- The teacher provides a rubric.
MITECS Competencies & ISTE STANDARDS
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
4a. Students know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems.
4b. Students select and use digital tools to plan and manage a design process that considers design constraints and calculated risks.
4c. Students develop, test and refine prototypes as part of a cyclical design process.
4d. Students exhibit a tolerance for ambiguity, perseverance and the capacity to work with open-ended problems.
Devices and Resources
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
Students work on writing and fluency,
Create math book showing different skills.
Create a book on current science topics.
Create a book on current SS topics.
This task card was created by Julie Hoehing, Lake Shore Public Schools, February 2020.