Inserting Images into Documents
Inserting images into documents and slides is an easy thing to do especially if you are using Google Docs and Slides. Google has built in the ability to search for images while in a document to make it easier to locate and insert images. In this lesson, students will research a topic, write a short paragraph, and then add a picture that goes along with their text.
- Be able to locate images using a Google Search.
- Be able to insert images into a document.
- Insert: To insert is to put an object inside something else.
To prepare for this lesson:
- Watch the video Adding Images to Google Docs. There are three ways to insert images into Documents.
- Do a Google or other image search
- If your students are using Google Docs, the easiest way for young students is to use the Insert Images feature right inside Google Docs.
https://youtu.be/rd4Um5Ceywk Google Docs for Kids - Episode 3: Inserting Images
See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
Directions for this activity:
Different options for assessing the students:
- Check for understanding
MITECS Competencies & ISTE STANDARDS
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
Device: PC, Chromebook, Mac, iPad
Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, ALL
App, Extension, or Add-on:
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
This task card was created by