Math M-STEP Prep Using Blooket
This Blooket provides 22 questions to help 3rd-grade students understand the kinds of questions they may see on the 3rd Grade Math M-STEP test. It’s the perfect way for kids to practice questions before actually taking the test.
Be able to play the Blooket to practice 3rd-grade math questions in preparation for taking the M-STEP test.
Be able to do a self-assessment to see so they understand what kinds of math questions they may still need to review before taking the actual M-STEP test.
Mass: Mass is a measure of how much matter an object contains. Grams and kilograms are examples of units of measure for mass. Mass can be measured with a scale.
Quadrilateral: A quadrilateral is a 4-sided two-dimensional shape. There are 6 types of quadrilaterals: parallelograms, trapezoids, rectangles, rhombuses, squares, and kites.
Expression: What Are Expressions? An expression is a collection of numbers (1, 2, 3), operations (+, -, ÷), and even sometimes letters (x, y, z) without an equal sign. In the previous example, 3 + 2 × 5 is the expression on the left side of the equal sign, and (40 ÷ 2) - 7 is the expression on the right.
Bar Graph: A bar graph can be defined as a graphical representation of data, quantities, or numbers using bars or strips. They are used to compare and contrast different types of data, frequencies, or other measures of distinct categories of data.
To prepare for this lesson:
- Create an account at Blooket.com
- If you are new to Blooket, please watch this video "Getting Started with Blooket" to understand the program.
- Find the M-STEP Test Prep Blooket here: https://dashboard.blooket.com/edit?id=62558fd063fe7e22937405ee
- When using with the students, host the Blooket game on the teacher's monitor, and share the code for the students to log in and play the game.
- Review the report when the students have finished with the game. Make sure to use the report to review any problems the students may have had trouble with during the game. It is an excellent way to make sure the students know how to answer possible questions as they prepare for the M-STEP test.
This FREE product from Middle School in the Mitten on TPT is a 22-question Math M-STEP prep document. This document was inserted in a Blooket to create a fun way to practice math questions for M-STEP prep.
See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4student website in the Teacher Resources.
Directions for this activity:
Review vocabulary so the students will be able to understand all questions in the Blooket assignment.
Have the students do the Blooket with you in class. Choose which game mode to use with your students. You may want to try different ones to engage the students and learn at the same time.
Make sure this assignment is used as a review after all math concepts have been taught.
Different options for assessing the students:
- Check for understanding
- Blooket will provide the teacher with a report after the game has been played. It will show you what questions the students missed and should give you a good understanding of what should be reviewed prior to the students taking the actual Math M-STEP test.
MITECS COMPETENCIES & ISTE STANDARDS
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
1c. Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
Devices and Resources
Device: PC, Chromebook, Mac, iPad
Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, ALL
Apps. Extensions, Add-ons
Getting Started with Blooket video tutorial
M-STEP Prep questions (free from TPT)
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
The questions asked in this Blooket include multiplication, division, measurement, shapes, addition, subtraction, word problems, bar graphs, fractions, and expressions.
This task card was created by Renee Juhl, Fenton Schools, April 2023.