Fun 4 the Brain
Fun4thebrain is a website for students PreK-5 that has many different activities in all content areas for students.
- Be able to logon to Fun4theBrain.
- Be able to choose a content area.
- Be able to practice and learn different tasks.
- MURB: Monsters Under the Royal Bed-a selection in the content tabs.
To prepare for this lesson:
- The teacher should preview the website to become familiar with it.
- The teacher may want to assign content areas to students.
- These activities are great for centers.
- There is music that plays on some of the activities. Consider use headphones or no volume.
- Beyond facts is an excellent place for higher-level thinking.
- Books/journals are not free.
See the Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students website in the Teacher Resources.
Directions for this activity:
- Students log onto fun4thebrain.
- Select from the taskbar which content area they will work on.
- Select a lesson.
Different options for assessing the students:
- Check for understanding
- 1:1 with student
- Demonstrate learning to the class in discussion.
- Write about learning in a journal.
MITECS Competencies & ISTE Standards
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
1a. Students articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
1b. Students build networks and customize their learning environments in ways that support the learning process.
1c. Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
1d. Students understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies.
Devices and Resources
Device: PC, Chromebook, Mac, iPad
Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, ALL
App, Extension, or Add-on:
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
This task card was created by Julie Hoehing, Lake Shore Public Schools, February 2020. Updated November 2023.