Q1 Fire Rescue
Your task for this Quest is to use a technology tool to create a graphic organizer and brainstorm solutions and create a plan for organizing a relief effort to help a family who has lost their home.
I Can Statements
- create a graphic organizer
- use a graphic organizer to brainstorm a project or presentation
To explore your solution, apply a problem-solving strategy of Who-What-Where-When-Why-How.
Sample planning items might include:
- who would attend
- what the event would be
- when it would occur
- where it will be held
- why are you having the event
- how will you organize the supplies/people/funds
To be successful in this task, you will need to consider everything from activities, supplies, food, clothing and volunteers that are needed. Start by experimenting with the formatting tools within the graphic organizer. Try out the different digital features for color and text as you organize your ideas.
Tutorials are provided in the steps below.
At the conclusion you will need to create an image capture (screen shot) and save it to your File Space to submit or share with your teacher.
Graphic organizer: A graphic organizer is a visual and graphic display
that depicts the relationships between facts, terms, and or ideas within
a learning task. Graphic organizers are also sometimes referred to
as concept maps, story maps, advance organizers, storyboards,
or concept diagrams.
Visual map: The use of pictures to help you solve problems, think
about complex issues and communicate more effectively.
Open this to see why a graphic organizer might be helpful
Graphic organizers are great for:
- Learning and organizing things visually
- Note taking by using pictures, memes, links, and formatting
- Story boarding for stories, writing essays, creating videos or other project planning
- Memorizing things for a test
- Keeping track of lots of links to favorite resources
- Reorganize and simplify complex things
1. Explore one of the training videos – or- read the directions for the
visual organizer you will be using.
2. Create your visual map using a free online resource.
Select the linked image or link to their web site below.
3. Create a graphic organizer of your brainstormed ideas and plan.
4. When done, create an image capture (screen shot) of your graphic organizer.
5. Save it to your File Space and/or submit per teacher instructions.
Completing this Quest
In order to complete this Quest, create an image capture (screen shot) of your graphic organizer and save it to your File Space. Make sure to have a meeting
with your teacher about your File Space. This is extremely important that you have access to your file. You may need this in a future Quest.
Sample Grading Rubric (Google doc file)
Check this Quest off your 21t4s roadmap
I have completed this Quest and I am ready to tackle Quest 2
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
c. curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods
5. Computational Thinker
b. Collect data or identify relevant data sets
6. Creative Communicator
c. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.