About This Project
The MiTechKids site is the K-5 component of the REMC Projects for technology integration ideas for teachers.
The site is composed of grade-level "Task cards." Task cards are classroom technology integration activity ideas and resources designed for educators.
- They are designed to take normally 20-30 minutes for instruction.
- After the instruction, it is expected that it will take several class periods to complete the activity.
- Some of the tasks could be repeated throughout the year for mastery.
- Most cards have extension activities that provide additional lesson resources.
- Each activity is designed to address one or more of the Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students (MITECS), and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE Standards for Students).
Task card activities are organized by Categories and also by Competency/Standard
Math, Reading Writing and Research, Science, Social Studies, Basic Skills, Classroom Tools, Coding and Computational Skills, Collaboration and Communication, Design Thinking, Digital Arts, and Digital Citizen and Internet Safety.
2. Competencies and Standards;
Empowered Learner, Digital Citizen, Knowledge Constructor, Innovative Designer, Computational Thinker, Creative Communicator, and Global Collaborator.