Q2. Strategies & Tools
In Quest 1, you learned about your personality type, strengths, & struggles. In this Quest, you will identify some learning strategies and technology applications and tools that have been found to be helpful for the different personality types.
I Can Statements
- identify some strategies that can help me learn more effectively
- identify and use some technology applications and tools that support my strengths and help with my struggles
- apply this knowledge about myself to improve my digital life
Collaboration: Working with others to produce or create something. Possibly a strength for Extrovert types and a struggle for Introvert types.
Graphic organizer: A visual display that depicts the relationships between different things (e.g. concept maps, storyboards, concept and Venn diagrams).
Note taking: Documenting information by putting it in your own words that makes it more understandable and easier to remember. Intuitive, Introvert and Sensing types benefit from this.
Organizer: Something used to show the relationships between different things (e.g. concept maps, storyboards, and Venn diagrams). These are helpful for Sensing, Introvert and Perceiving types.
Strategy A carefully developed plan or method for achieving a goal or skill.
Teaching others: Learning by demonstrating or teaching something to someone else.
Time management: Tools that help you keep track of assignments and events (such as calendars, tasks, and to-do lists). These are especially helpful for Feeling, Judging, Perceiving, and Thinking types.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode." Direct Link
1. Watch the following Wellcast video to learn about some productivity strategies that can help you learn more effectively.
Focus for viewing:
- strategies that build on your strengths
- strategies that help with your struggles
2. Download or copy the 3.Q2 Student Planning Document. Save this document to your File Space to be updated as you work through the Quests.
3. Open the content box below to see some of the recommended strategies.
Activity 2: Personality Type Strengths, Struggles, & Strategies
Take a screenshot of the Strengths, Struggles and Strategies Images below that match your four personality types. Paste them into your Q2 Planning Document in Activity 2.
Activity 3: Technology Applications & Tools
Look at the bolded & highlighted names in the Strategies Column above in Activity 2 in each of your 4 Personality Style Tables. They might include one or more of the following: Collaboration; Note Taking, Organizers; Teaching Others; Time Management
The technology tools for your strategies are on sub-pages on the right-side menu of this Quest as noted below:
2. Spend 10-15 minutes locating some of the tools, explore or learn more about them, and use the table provided in your planning document to list some of them. Describe how you think the tools might or might not be helpful, or identify some you already use and what you like about them.
Activity 4: My Digital Life Artifact
My Digital Life Artifact
- As you think about the Personality Styles that you have been learning about, the last step is to create a My Digital Life artifact that you feel really describes you, your learning style, strengths, and struggles.
- Check with your teacher about your ideas for the artifact.
- Consider using one of the technology tools to create the artifact.
- You may find additional descriptions about your four-letter combination Personality Style in the article, The Learning Styles of Every Myers-Briggs Personality Type, found on this website.
Possibilities: Copy and paste sentences from the 4-Letter Code Description document, write a paragraph, create a graphic organizer, and/or draw a picture with an explanation or other idea you have. Check with your instructor on how to share it.
Completing this Quest
After you have completed your Q2 Student Planning Document and created a "My Digital Life" artifact, check with your teacher about continuing on to Quest 3 or proceeding to the Graduation Page.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the Graduation Page for this Thing.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
a. Students choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes
3.Q2 Activity 4 Sub-pages