Q4 Promote Yourself
Resumé: A resumé is a written compilation of your education, work experience, credentials, and accomplishments and is used to apply for jobs.
Application: An application is the form you fill out for a job or position.
Education plan: An education plan is a written plan planning your education to decide which pathway you are going to take and what classes will help you fulfill that pathway.
I Can Statements
- use a template to write a resume
- fill out an online application
Complete the resumé, application, and education plan. NOTE: You will be posting these documents to your online presence in Quest 5.
1. Prepare a Resumé
- View the video on Resumé Basics
- Select a resume template - you may use the resumé templates file, choose one from Google Docs or Microsoft website, or check with your teacher for an approved template. (Note: References are not usually listed on a resumé. Check with your teacher for direction on the use of references. )
- Submit a draft to your teacher, who will make suggestions for improvements.
- Make revisions and create a final, error–free copy. Save/submit your final copy for evaluation.
2. Complete an Application
Completing this Quest
You will be posting the documents you created to your online presence in
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed this Quest and am ready for Quest 5 - Create A Digital Portfolio
Websites and Applications
ISTE and Common Core Standards
6. Creative Communicator
c. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.L.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.L.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.L.6 Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when encountering an unknown term important to comprehension or expression.