Q4 Promote Yourself
In this Quest, you are going to learn how to promote yourself with your resumé when applying for a job. You will also learn how to fill out a job application and begin your application plan.
I Can Statements
- use a template to write a resume
- fill out an online application
Application: A form you fill out for a job or position.
Education plan: A written plan planning your education to decide which pathway you are going to take and what classes will help you fulfill that pathway.
Resumé: A written compilation of your education, work experience, credentials, and accomplishments and is used to apply for jobs.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode"." Direct Link
Complete the resume, application, and education plan. NOTE: You will be posting these documents to your online presence in Quest 5.
1. Prepare a Resume
- View the video on High School Resume: How to Write an Amazing Resume! (Examples Included)
- Select a resume template - you may use the Sample Resume File, choose one from Google Docs or Microsoft Website, or check with your teacher for an approved template. (Note: References are not usually listed on a resume. Check with your teacher for direction on the use of references. )
- Submit a draft to your teacher, who will make suggestions for improvements.
- Make revisions and create a final, error–free copy. Save/submit your final copy for evaluation.
2. Complete an Application
- Review the tips in this article How to Fill Out a Job Application.
- Open the Employment Application Document and complete as directed. Save/submit to your teacher for evaluation.
Completing this Quest
You will be posting the documents you created to your online presence in
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed this Quest and am ready for Quest 5 - Create A Digital Portfolio
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, developing strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes