20. Global Collaboration
Global collaboration is an increasingly important skill for students and adults. As our world becomes more interconnected, many jobs will require this kind of collaboration. Solving problems that affect our daily lives increasingly calls for global collaboration efforts.
How globally connected are you? You might have relatives that live in another country. Perhaps one of your parents travels to other countries for their job, or has video conferences with someone in another part of the world. Maybe you came from a different country than where you live now.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the world, you will certainly need to tap into some global collaboration skills! There is a huge need for global thinkers and collaborators of all ages to work together, now more than ever, to help solve problems and work together on solutions.
When you have completed this Thing you will:
- be able to identify important skills and characteristics of effective global collaborators [Global Collaborator]
- understand why it is necessary to respect the cultures and customs of others [Global Collaborator]
- apply these skills in a Global Collaboration [Global Collaborator]
- communicate the results of your global experience with others [Creative Communicator]
- review a global or national issue and develop ideas for raising awareness or designing solutions [Global Collaborator and Innovative Designer]
Quest 1: What is A global Collaborator?
Learn about collaboration skills needed for global collaboration.
I am ready for Quest 1
Quest 2: Collaborating With other cultures
Learn about connecting and collaborating with learners from different backgrounds and cultures.
I am ready for Quest 2
Quest 3: speaking out about global issues
You will learn about some global issues and sustainable goals, and how to join in making a difference. You will create a video addressing one of the issues.
I am ready for Quest 3
Quest 4: Global Interaction
Put your skills into practice with a virtual collaboration in a virtual connection or videoconference.
I am ready for Quest 4
Global Collaboration Gold
Do a classroom collaboration with students around the world or a nearby classroom.
I am ready for Classroom Collaboration Gold
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the Graduation page.
Websites and Applications
Websites and Apps
- Active Listening
- Adobe Spark
- Center for Innovation in Engineering and Space Education
- Class Tools/Venn
- Effective Communication Quizlet
- GFC Global Site
- Global Competencies
- Global Goals Posters
- Global Read Aloud
- Guide to Business Cultures
- Introduction to Chat and Messaging
- Job Success - Listening Skills
- Listening Skills Infographic
- Making Video Calls With Skype
- National Geographic Citizen Science Projects
- Non-verbal communication rules for doing business in Japan
- Online Phone Calls
- Participate Learning Website
- Power of Body Language
- Reviewing Global Cultures Template
- Word Clouds
- World's Largest Lesson! Unicef-Unesco
- Time Zone map
- Word Clouds
Thing 20 Global Collaboration Quiz
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode".