Q7 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) Introduction
This Quest about Artificial Intelligence (AI) has several pages.
- Vocabulary page
- "What is AI" and how we use it every day
- AI in real-life, a look at how it is shaping your life
- AI Playground where you try out some games and resources powered by AI
- AI ethics and privacy
- Completes this Quest and shares some additional resources
Note: This is just an introduction. Additional resources with AI will be added to different Things and Quests during the school year.
We use Artificial Intelligence (AI) in our everyday lives, but what really is AI? Consider some ways AI can be used as a tool for learning. This Quest is an introduction to AI.
You will see some examples of AI in everyday life, learn about some of the basic considerations and concerns of AI, and the importance of using it responsibly. In other Quests, you will be introduced to Generative AI and Language Learning Models (LLMs).
I Can Statements
- define AI in my own words
- identify how AI tools are being used
- evaluate ethical and privacy concerns when using AI resources
Video Title: How AI is Making the World a Better Place Direct link (1:35) YouTube
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
d. Manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for intellectual and creative pursuits
Websites and Documents
- 4 Ways That AI Can Help Students
- 6 Ways We Use AI Every Day Infographic
- Project-Based AI Courses for K-12 students developed by Stanford and MIT Graduates
- Quick, Draw!
- Stable Diffusion
- Teachable Machine
Videos from Outside Sources
- Draw, Sketch, Write. - Creating Student Projects with AutoDraw! YouTube (3:10 mins.)
- Ethics & AI - Privacy & The Future of Work, Direct Link (3:26 mins.)
- Features Impacted by COPPA YouTube (3:16 mins.)
- FERPA Basics Introduction YouTube (3:32 mins.)
- How AI is Making the World a Better Place YouTube (1:35 mins.)
- What is AI? YouTube (3:05 mins.)
- What is Artificial Intelligence? YouTube (5:08 mins.)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes
- How Do We Use AI?
- Privacy and COPPA Worksheet
- Vocabulary Quizlet
- What Does Ethics Mean to You? Worksheet