Q2 Who Are You?
It's time to begin to guide your future by learning about your interests, skills, and talents. You will learn a lot about your personality by completing the activities in this Quest. Check with your teacher about alternate tasks to complete this Quest.
I Can Statements
- identify my personality type
- describe my personality type
- create a personality map using digital tools
Personality: Personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
Perception: Perception is the way you think about or understand someone or something.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode". Direct Link
1. Who Am I?
Download the "Who Am I" document to record your progress in this Quest. Note: Consider the file format -- You will be pasting screenshots, text, and more into this Who Am I Assignment Template.
Complete Step One in the WhoAmI.doc
- Brainstorming about YOU! (likes, hobbies, other people's perceptions of you, favorite school subjects/activities, free time, and skills)
- Foundation Skills (visit Career Key to explore the basic, thinking, people and personal qualities that are most like you)
2. Holland's Code Quiz
Discover how your personality should shape your Career choice by watching the video Holland Codes.
3. Complete Step Two in the WhoAmI.doc
- Take the Holland Quiz (online) and find which you are: Doer, Thinker, Creator, Helper, Persuader, or Organizer.
- Screenshot results
- Interpret your results
- Identify and screenshot three potential careers
4. Capture Words that Describe You!
Dig deeper into your "*highest" personality type and potential careers.
5. Complete Step Three in the Who Am I Assignment Template.
- Visit the Personality Typology and copy/paste keywords and sentences that reflect your personality
- Visit the Work Environment/Work Personality section and key/copy/paste your likes, majors, careers, and potential activities from the Occupational Outlook Handbook links.
- Visit the Environmental Typology to key/copy/paste words to describe the workplace for your personality type.
6. Complete Step Four in the Who Am Assignment Template using online tools to create a graphic illustration of what you learned in this activity. Tools we suggest: Tagxedo, Worditout, VocabGrabber, or WordSift.
- Create a graphic illustration of what you have learned from this activity.
- Insert screenshot into your Who Am I Assignment Template.
7. Post your Who Am I document to your online presence and save this information for your next Quest.
8. Check with your teacher to see how you will submit your work for this Quest.
Completing this Quest
When you have finished the Who Am I activities and posted to your online presence, you are ready for the next Quest.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Go to Quest 3 - Career Matches
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections or artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions
d. Build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions
6. Creative Communicator
c. Students communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models
Websites and Documents
- Career Key
- Holland Codes Environmental Typology
- Holland Codes Personality Typology
- Holland Codes Quiz
- Holland Codes Work Environment/Work Personality
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes