Q3 Craft Your Story
YouTube video from Basetwo Media
Your task is to write your script, get feedback and suggestions, revise it as needed, and be ready for the process of adding the media elements in the next Quest.
I Can Statements
- create an original story
- understand how to use a storyboard to build and organize story elements
- provide and accept constructive feedback
- use feedback to improve my work
Blueprint: A design plan or other technical drawing.
Storyboard: A series of slides, cards, or notes that represent scenes or shots in your story.
Story Structure: The way the character, setting, and plot are organized.
Play the Vocabulary Game below to practice the Key Vocabulary.
You can change the Quiz mode to Match, Test, Learn, Flash Cards, Spell using the selection list at the bottom right of the activity that says "Choose a Study Mode". Direct Link
1. Watch The 7 Keys of Storytelling: Capture Attention from YouTube.
2. Take 3 minutes to think about how you will capture attention.
- Who is your intended audience?
- Where will you tell your story?
- What tone will help you connect with your audience?
Write your script: steps 3-6
Effective stories have a structure so information builds in a logical way. The kind of information you want to communicate will determine which structure you use.
3. Explore the story structures listed below.
4. Choose a logical structure for your story. Use the linked documents in the table to begin planning your story when you have chosen one.
5. Review this Example of a Problem/Solution planning and script Google document.
6. Write your script at the bottom of your Story and Script Planning Document where indicated.
(Four Story Structures)
Use this Narrative Planning and Script that includes additional details.
Use this Problem/Solution Planning Script that includes additional details.
Use this Cause/Effect Planning Script that contains additional details.
Use this What/Why/How Planning Script that includes additional details
Storyboard: steps 7 - 10
Your storyboard is the blueprint to your story--a visual representation of your script.
7. Review this example of a Problem/Solution Google Slides Storyboard.
8. Open and save a copy of the Storyboard Template for the story structure you chose in step 2 above into your media folder.
9. Complete the steps in the Storyboard Template.
10. Share your Template with your teacher for feedback.
Completing this Quest
In order to successfully complete this Quest you will have:
- Selected a story structure
- Created a storyboard
- Shared with a partner for constructive feedback
- Shared it with your teacher
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I am ready for Quest 4 Gather Media
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections of artifacts or solving authentic problems
4. Innovative Designer
a. Know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems
6. Creative Communicator
a. Choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
b. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes