Q2 Web Browser Steps
Work with a partner or on your own (check with your teacher) to follow the steps below with the web browser you are using to view this page.
1. Your first task is to figure out how to do the following things: minimize, maximize, and restore your browser.
Start by opening a NEW TAB on your browser. (see examples below)
2. Now in the new tab, type the following in the search bar: “how do I minimize my screen on a ________” (fill in the blank with the exact name of your device ie. Macbook Air, Windows 10 PC, Chromebook, iPhone 14, Samsung Galaxy Tab A8, etc.) and try it.
3. Next, repeat your search and replace “minimize” with “maximize” and then “restore.” Remember to complete each task on your device.
4. Now learn how to take the tab window and "pull" it off to become a separate browser window.
5. Your last challenge is to "resize" the two windows so that you can see both of them side-by-side, or at the same time. It should look something like the one shown below. Try moving your mouse or cursor to the top corners and/or sides to resize them to drag in or over.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies