Q9 Changes Over Time Breakout Challenge
Note: If you do not know what a 21t4s Digital Breakout Activity is, open the content box on the right above the Printer icon, read and watch the video for hints.
In this Breakout Quest Activity you will take on the challenge to Dig through the Data and solve the keys to 4 locks to you show that you can understand how to:
- analyze data and interpret changes over time
- use spreadsheets, charts and visual representations as tools to help organize and evaluate data
- create, organize, analyze and share representations of data in a spreadsheet, chart, graph, and data plot formats with my teacher and classmates.
Enter the 21t4s Dig the Data - Digital Breakout Room Here or select the image below.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
5. Computational Thinker
a. Formulate problem definitions suited for technology-assisted methods such as data analysis, abstract models and algorithmic thinking in exploring and finding solutions
b. Collect data or identify relevant data sets
c. Break problems into component parts, extract key information
6. Creative Communicator
a. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
b. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences.
Websites and Documents
- Canada Census Fact Sheets
- Census Bureau 101 for Students
- Michigan Facts
- Population Bracketology Game
- U.S. Census School Facts
- U.S. States Census Data
- World Factbook
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes
- 13.Q9 Birth Rate Changes Student Activity
- 13.Q9 Changes in Birth Rate Google Sheet
- 13.Q9 Changes in Birth Rate.xls
- 13.Q9 Changes Over Time Student Activity
- Vocabulary Quizlet
21t4s Digital Breakout Challenge
What is a Digital Breakout?
A Digital Breakout may also be called a Digital Escape Room.
This is a web-based, game-like activity where students use clues to unlock a series of puzzles or activities to solve a challenge (or to escape a digital room).
Students frequently work together, (conference, or chat) as they work to locate and solve clues.