Gold Quest-Infographics for PSA
made with easel.ly
1. With your partner(s) look at the example above and discuss how well it meets the following PSA characteristics, how would you rank it (1-to-5 with 5 the highest):
- Take a position with a message (such as don't give your password to a friend, be careful what information you put in a chat room, don' t be intimidated by bullying texts...)
- Deliver ONE core message that is convincing (supported with facts, images, examples...)
- Catch the attention of your intended audience with a clear message
- Create a slogan that is memorable and stands out, easy to remember, or uses an image that catches attention
2. It's time to begin working on your own PSA Infographic. Start by selecting your web application, and check with your teacher to make sure the infographic application you chose is available on your network and with your equipment. The two infographic choices suggested are easel.ly and popplet.
- Popplet is another infographic on the web, and also an iPad app, and requires account creation. You are limited to one free Popplet with a FREE account.
3. Collect your artifacts (images, photos, video clips, sound recording...).
- Review what copyright is
- Quickly review the Safe Search Image Resources video so you can save time searching and locating copyright free images you can use and/or modify.
- Create a folder (in a shared folder, cloud space, or portable drive if possible) and begin collecting the files you plan to use to illustrate your PSA ideas.
4. Create and complete your PSA Infographic.
5. When done check with your teacher on how to turn this in.
Completing this Quest
When you have turned in your PSA document you have completed the Digital Storytelling Gold Quests. You may want to create a cartoon PSA or turn this into a multimedia one. Check with your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the roadmap
Go on to the Cartoon PSA
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
4. Innovative Designer
a. Know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
b. create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences