Q1 Managing Your Footprint Step 3
Part Two: Collecting Your Data
- Homework: Think about all of the different digital devices you use daily. Your next task is to log your own daily use of all digital media over four days which includes at least one weekend day.
- Some examples include: phone usage, gaming (DS, Playstation, X-Box) playing, surfing the internet, texting and so on.
- Log your time spent into the Daily Media Use Log.
Part Three Report- Special Note: (Check with your teacher about presenting your report)
- Add up your total media use in categories (e.g., Internet, gaming, cell phone, etc). Hold on to this information as you will need it for your work with a small group.
- Once your media use is totaled, your teacher will place you in collaborative groups to compile your media data for a group total. It is suggested that your group visit this Create a Graph site to graph your data. You might want to graph your individual usage first. See the following example:
3. Your teacher will assign you to a group. You may find it helpful to take different group work roles. Each member could choose a role such as a person to calculate the data, a person to enter the information into the graph, a person to prepare and present the report.
Part Three Report (continued)
4. Graph your combined group results. Which type of graph best represents your data? (Examples provided below)
5. Download your graph to insert in a Word document or a presentation program to show the class.
- Address the following when your group presents your report to the class:
- Explain why you selected the type of graph you used.
- How is the digital footprint represented within your group?
- How does the digital footprint of your group compare to your own individual usage?
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
a. Cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using using technology
d. Manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security
7. Global Collaborator
c. Contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents, Quizzes & Surveys