Q4 Getting Social Step 2
Digital Breakout Challenge Activity
1. If you do not know what a 21t4s Digital Breakout Activity is, open the content box on the right above the Printer icon, "What is a Breakout?", read and watch the video with hints.
2. Check with your teacher about working with a partner or small group to solve this 5.Q4 Digital Breakout Challenge.
4. Use this link, or select the image below to get started. Link: Getting Social
If you need help, check with your teacher about working with others, or hints for getting started. Good luck!
- Start with the text message and how to show empathy for others
- Move your mouse (or cursor) around the screen to see where any links to other pages, documents, or forms are located. Some of these will take you to interactive activities to solve to earn a key or passcode to a lock.
Once you unlock it, you might want to take a screenshot of the Award for your portfolio, or check with your teacher.
Please be sure to tell us what you think of this Breakout Activity so that we can meet your needs. Teacher and Students please use this link for a very short survey about this breakout.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
b Students build networks and customize their learning environments in ways that support the learning process.
2. Digital Citizen
b Students engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices.
3. Knowledge Constructor
c Students curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections of artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions.
6. Creative Communicator
c Students communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations.
d Students publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences.
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
- Dorothy on Digital Citizenship (clip from the Wizard of Apps) Vimeo (1:18)
- Teen Voices Dealing with Digital Drama YouTube (4:15)
- The Importance of Empathy YouTube (3:31)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes
21t4s Breakout Challenge Activity
What is a Digital Breakout?
A Digital Breakout may also be called a Digital Escape Room.
This is a web-based, game-like activity where students use clues to unlock a series of puzzles or activities to solve a challenge (or to escape a digital room).
Students frequently work together, (conference, or chat) as they work to locate and solve clues.
For additional help view this you can refer to the short video (3:44).