Q2 Truth in Advertising Step 2
Create an Advertisement
In this step you will create your own advertisement to share with your teacher and your classmates. Let's see who can create the best advertisement to persuade your classmates to buy the product you are selling.
1. First let's talk about slogans, popular selling brands all have a catchy slogan that is a short and sweet reminder of the brand. Open up the Slogan Worksheet and see how many brands and slogans you can remember. Complete the worksheet and turn it into your teacher.
2. Next, open this Advertisement Poster Document to create a poster. You will add an image of the product you would like to persuade your classmates to purchase. You will also create a slogan to help persuade them-- Slogan Creator-Shopify for assistance in coming up with a good slogan.
3. Last, you will choose an Advertising Technique: Having Fun, Emotional Appeal, Promotional, Endorsement, Complement, Bribe,or Facts and Statistics
After the posters have been created, the teacher will share the posters in class. The following will be discussed about each poster if time.
- Is there anything misleading about the ad?
- What does the fine print say and why is it important?
- What do others like about the ad?
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
c. Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
2. Digital Citizen
a. Cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
d. Manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online
5. Computational Thinker
b. Collect data or identify relevant data sets
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
- A Short Message from the False Advertising Industry YouTube (3:24 mins.)
- What Happens When You Order A $29 Mini Laptop From A Facebook Ad? YouTube (4:50 mins.)
- What is Bait and Switch? YouTube (1:41 mins)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes