Q6. Reflect & Share Step 2
Exploring Video Ads
Your team is not expected to create a professionally developed ad for your prototype. This example is provided for you to pay attention to some features that can make the difference between an outstanding ad that captures your attention versus ones that lose your attention immediately.
1. What catches your attention in the first 5-10 seconds of these Ads?
2. Identify the type of hook used to catch your interest: An image, some action, interaction, setting, animal or person, music, sound...
3. We hope this helps inspire your thinking as you plan to showcase your prototype.
The 10 Funniest Kid-Friendly Super Bowl Commercials! (9:55)
Showcasing Your Prototype
1. Work with your Prototype project team.
2. One member should open, copy, and save the 15.Q6 Showcasing Your Prototype Planning Document.
3. Complete the planning document that includes:
- Creating a catchy name for your prototype
- Listing some unique features of your prototype
- Tell why the audience should choose your product/solution
- Creating a hook to capture the audience's interest and descriptive words to help it standout
- Selecting a medium for your advertisement
- Review this 21t4s 15.Q6 Design Thinking Rubric for Advertisement, to know how your advertisement can be evaluated
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, developing strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
b. Build networks and customize their learning environments in ways that support the learning process
4. Innovative Designer
a. Know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems
b. Select and use digital tools to plan and manage a design process that considers design constraints and calculated risks
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences.
Websites and Documents
Videos from Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes