QM5 PowerPoint: Present, Publish, and Share
This Quest is being revised and will be completed for September 2021. Thank you for your patience.
Congratulations! You are showing initiative in completing these presentation challenges. You are ready to present, publish, and share your presentation. There are some new options for presenting that include publishing your presentation to share online with others.
I Can Statements
- create a multimedia presentation using a variety of tools
- share a multimedia presentation
Export: Under the main file menu you are able to save (export) your presentation in different formats including PDF, MP4 video, images, and animated gif.
Present: To show a presentation about some topic to an audience (live, online in a web browser, for a meeting, or virtually).
Record Presentation: This SlideShow feature allows you to create a recording of your presentation and narrate it with your voice when you have a microphone, then export it as a video (.mp4 or .wm4 file), or as a Show (.ppsx) file that will play.
Rehearse with Coach: A feature that evaluates your pacing (talking speed), use of filler words (um, uh, and...), and provides suggestions to improve your presentation for an audience.
Rehearse with Timings: You can record the running time for each slide using this feature, and it is helpful when practicing.
Set Up Show: This feature let's you present at full screen while clicking to advance the slides, or to be browsed by another person. or play at a kiosk.
Share: You can invite others to view your presentation, or join as editors.
Slide Management: The duplication, deletion, moving the order, and skipping slides.
View Menu: This menu includes the ability to view an outline or create handouts and view the notes pages.
Practice, Rehearse and Present with the Desktop App and Online PowerPoint
The Desktop app version for Microsoft 365 PowerPoint has more features than the online version when you are logged into your Microsoft Office 365 account. In most cases you can export your presentation to your desktop to use with the desktop app.
The video below shows the process using the Desktop App.
Part 1: Practice, Rehearse and Record your Presentation (10 min). There are bookmarks on the video for the different parts.
The following video shows the process to Practice, Present, and Rehearse with Coach with the online version of PowerPoint 365.
The following alternative video demonstrates similar methods for turning your completed presentation into an .mp4 video file with your own voice narration that will play on: your computer, submitted into a Course Management System your school uses, or uploaded to a YouTube post .
- YouTube video: Recording a PowerPoint Presentation with Voice-over and Saving it as a Movie File (6:42)
Publishing your presentation (in process)
Check with your teacher about reflecting on this experience. It might take the form of a discussion forum or class discussion, or writing about it.
A written reflection might include:
- A paragraph on the skills they learned
- A paragraph on their group participation based on the characteristics document
- A paragraph about something you liked about the project
- Sharing one or two things they would do differently in the future.
Before you share your group presentation, be sure to watch it, and correct any spelling errors, or formatting problems. Make any revisions needed and save it.
Check that you have included all the required elements for each slide.
As a group discuss and then add one last slide using the Compare Slide Layout
Discuss and answer the following questions thoughtfully:
- In the top title box list the names of your group members
- List at least three new things members of the group learned about features in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Describe some things you learned about collaborating with others on a project online like this.
Check with your teacher on the appropriate way to share your Group PowerPoint presentation to turn it in and your reflection document in step 6.
- Use complete sentences in your writing hour reflections.
- Title the first paragraph 1: New skills I learned using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Refer to this table of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Skills and identify at least three new skills you learned.
- Paragraph 2. Collaborating with my group.
- Refer to this rubric for Characteristics of Exceptional Group Participation as you think about and summarize your contributions as a group member.
- Paragraph 3: Describe
- 1. something you liked about working on this project, and
- 2. one or two things you would do differently in the future if given another group project.
There are many different ways to SHARE your presentation.
This is a screenshot showing the screen from PowerPoint online using the File menu and selecting Share. Additional options are mentioned below.
Completing this Quest
You have shared your presentation with your teacher and any others chosen by your teacher and completed your Reflection Assignment. You have now completed all the Quests for Powerful Presentations.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c.Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d.Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. With guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. Contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal
Websites and Documents
- Characteristics of Exceptional Group Participation
- Microsoft PowerPoint Skills
- Work Together on PowerPoint Presentations - Office Support
Microsoft PowerPoint Support
- Export as a PDF,or other format
- Present in Real-time with Captions and Subtitles, even Translated
- Practice and Time your Presentation
- Presenter View
- Publish to Make it Public using OneDrive
- Publish to the web
- Record a Presentation
- Record with Narration and Timings
- Record your Screen in PowerPoint
- Rehearse with Presenter Coach
- Rehearse with Timings
- Setup a Self-running Presentation
- Share your Presentation
- Share your Presentation and Collaborate with Others
- Slide Master
- View Menu
Videos from Outside Sources
- Recording a PowerPoint Presentation with Voice-over and Saving it as a Movie File (6:42) YouTube
- Publishing your presentation from OneDrive YouTube video
- Favorite Tips and Tricks from Microsoft Teams YouTube video
- Practice, Rehearse and Record with the Desktop app of Microsoft PowerPoint Part 1 (10 min video)
- Practice, Rehearse and Present with the Online version of Microsoft PowerPoint 365 Part 1 (7:43)