Q5 Balancing My Media Step 1
To help you think about balancing media in your life, a variety of videos are provided. After watching each video you are asked to add your thoughts and ideas to the notes document provided. If you are a visual learner, you may find it helpful to use a graphic organizer.
1. To arrange and capture your thoughts and ideas about managing your Digital life, here are two options:
- Copy or download this document My Media Use: A Personal Challenge Student Notes document.
- If you prefer a visual way, you may find it helpful to use a graphic organizer, and then do a screen-shot of the result to put in your My Media Use; A Personal Challenge Student Notes document.
2. Watch "The Pressure to Stay Connected" from Common Sense Media. Direct link to the video on YouTube (3:35).
Remember to add your thoughts and ideas to your notes document after watching the video.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
a. Students cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world.
b. Students engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices.
c. Students demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
d. Students manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online.
6. Creative Communicator
c. Students communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations.
Websites and Documents
- Building Communication for a Healthy Lifestyle Infographic
- Digital Addiction: How Technology Keeps us Hooked
Videos from Outside Sources
- How Your Brain is Getting Hacked YouTube (5:43)
- I Can't Stop Looking At My Phone YouTube (5::49)
- Media Balance is Important YouTube (1:58)
- My Media Balance YouTube (1:33)
- The Pressure to Stay Connected YouTube (3:35)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes