Q5 Balancing My Media Step 2
1. Watch the video below on how scrolling "hacks" your brain, OR read this article about Digital Addiction: How technology keeps us hooked.
Direct link to the video (5:42)
Remember to add your thoughts and ideas to your notes document after watching the video.
2. Your task is to find positive ways to take control of your digital balance.
Choose one of the following for some eye-opening ideas
3. Add your thoughts and ideas to your My Media Use: A Personal Challenge Student Notes document.
4. Submit or turn it in to your teacher as instructed.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
2. Digital Citizen
a. Students cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world.
b. Students engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices.
c. Students demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
d. Students manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online.
6. Creative Communicator
c. Students communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations.
Websites and Documents
- Building Communication for a Healthy Lifestyle Infographic
- Digital Addiction: How Technology Keeps us Hooked
Videos from Outside Sources
- How Your Brain is Getting Hacked YouTube (5:43)
- I Can't Stop Looking At My Phone YouTube (5::49)
- Media Balance is Important YouTube (1:58)
- My Media Balance YouTube (1:33)
- The Pressure to Stay Connected YouTube (3:35)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes