QG1 Google Docs: Formatting Tools Step 1
PART 1 FORMATTING GOOGLE DOCS
Learning Objectives: In this activity you will use the spelling and grammar check features, format the title, change the size and typeface of the font, use bold, italics and underline, change the color of the text, use highlights, and use the alignment tools to center or right-align text
1. Play the video "Nothing Gold Can Stay" (1:20) where Robert Frost is reading his poem.
Nothing Gold Can Stay - Robert Frost
Robert Frost Video on YouTube reading "Nothing Gold Can Stay" (1:20), Direct link.
Robert Frost Nothing Gold Can Stay Poem (with a spelling error added in the first line) to learn how to do a spelling check in a Google document.
Nthing Gold Can Stay
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
By Robert Frost
AI Optional Chatbot Activity
THIS IS AN AI-CHATBOT in action.
Check with your teacher about using it.
Warning NOTE: Chatbot information created with Artificial Intelligence is sometimes not accurate because the information used to program the AI Chatbot might not come from reliable and accurate sources.
Robert Frost Chatbot from Mizou.com
1. Work with a partner or small group. Try asking the Robert Frost AI Chatbot about his life, his poem, his references to leaves, or something else.
2. Always verify the responses of an AI chatbot by checking on at least two other sources that are reliable.
3. Discuss with your class what you discovered.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
c. Students use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
Websites and Documents
- Britannica.com Biography of Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay Poem by Robert Frost
- Robert Frost Chatbot from Mizou.com
Videos from Outside Sources
- Google Docs: Formatting Text YouTube3 (2:36)
- Google Docs: Text Basics YouTube (2:37)
- Google Docs Translating Documents YouTube Video (1:24)
- Google Keep Tutorial for Students YouTube Video (3:25) A simple note taking tool for students
- Google Docs: Version History YouTube Video (2:23)
- Robert Frost Reads his own Poem YouTube
- 21t4s 4.Suite Tools with Google Docs Intro Video (1:00)
- 21t4s 4.QG1 Suite Tools Part 2 (6:00)
- Getting Started Part 1 Video (9:20)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes