Quest 3 Videos
Advantages of using a video to communicate your message
- Stories can be long or short
- Can combine voice, text, and screen
- Communicates a wide variety of ideas; versatile
- Requires careful planning, scripting, and practice to execute properly
- Editing can consume a lot of time
Look over the Video resources suggested below and make your plan.
Tip: using a storyboard is a big time saver.
The following video resources are free:
- Adobe Express is an app as well as web-based tool with nothing to download or install. You can create a Post to a social network, create page, or Express Video. Templates, music, and photos are provided, just add your text or voice and create your video. How to Create Videos With Adobe Express YouTube (10:38 mins.) 2021
- Educreations is an app available from the Apple App Store, requires iOS 8.0 or later and is compatible with the iPad. Educreations "is a unique interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that's simple, powerful, and fun to use. Annotate, animate, and narrate nearly any type of content as you explain any concept." Using iPad Educreations Whiteboard YouTube (6:14 mins.) 2021
- Flip (formerly FlipGrid) is a free app from Microsoft where educators create safe, online groups for students to express their ideas asynchronously in short video, text, and audio messages. Flip Tutorial Video for Teachers (13:15 mins.) 2022
- Genially Video Presentations A media creation platform focused on designing and sharing media creations and presentations of all kinds (Infographics, Interactive images-including GIFs, slideshows, training materials, gamifications).
- Kapwing is a collaborative video editing solution designed to help users create creative content online. Kapwing Tutorial For Beginners YouTube (8:12 mins.) 2022
- Moovly is an an online platform for creating and editing videos. Create Videos with Moovly (15 mins.) 2022
- Powtoon is a presentation tool for students to turn slides into animations. PowToon Tutorials (Numerous 1 to 10 minute videos available)
- ScreenPal (formerly Screencast-o-matic) is an App for macOS and Windows that records your screen, webcam, and/or microphone. You can record a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation, or demonstrate a tool directly from your computer. ScreenPal Tutorial Video (Numerous Videos)
- Splice (iOS & Android) is a mobile video editor compatible with Android and iPhone mobile devices.
- Sutori works on all devices and is web-based. Add media, images, video and audio to bring your message to life. An account (free) is required to create and share your stories or message. Sutori's Beginner's Guide: How to Create a Story
- WeVideo is an online video editor with a variety of editing features and tools. It's free for the creation of a 5 minute video. Upload or use their audio, images, graphics and video. You can record your voice. WeVideo Academy Tutorials or watch our own Digital Storytelling We Video Tutorial Videos
- A video is like seeing a living picture that can communicate a message without the need for audio or music like the one at the top of this page.
- Video is a very versatile medium where adding text, music, narration, transitions and effects can greatly enrich the experience for the audience. Be careful to not overdo the special effects or transitions. Keep the audience on your message.
- Think about your message carefully and picture it in your mind.
- Your challenge is to get your message across effectively in between 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Videos require careful planning and scripting and the editing process can take a lot of time (at least 3 times longer than you plan for).
- Creating a storyboard is a huge time saver.
Return to Creative Communications Q3 main page
Websites and Documents
- Adobe Express
- Genially Video Presentations
- ScreenPal (formerly Screencast-o-matic)
- Splice (IOS & Android)
- Sutori's Beginner's Guide: How to Create a Story
Videos from Outside Sources
- Adobe Express YouTube (10:38 mins.) 2021
- Educreations Tutorial Video
- Flip Tutorial Video for Teachers (13:15 mins.) 2022
- Kapwing Tutorial For Beginners YouTube (8:12 mins.) 2022
- Create Videos with Moovly (15 mins.) 2022
- ScreenPal Tutorial Video (Numerous Videos)
- Sutori-Make Interactive Lessons YouTube (12:08 mins.) 2022
- WeVideo Academy Tutorials