Q6 Email Step 1
1. Open and make a copy of this Email Etiquette Learning Log to use as you complete the steps on this page.
2. Begin with the video about Netiquette and four rules and complete the section in your learning log.
Digital Etiquette "Netiquette" watch the Powtoon video posted on YouTube below to answer the questions in the Email Etiquette Learning Log.
Video Title: Netiquette: A Student's Guide to Netiquette" Direct Link, (1:51)
5. Use the Email Practice Template to assist you when composing an email to your teacher.
6. Watch this 21t4s Email Tips video and then discuss them with your class or small group.
Video Title: Email Tips; Direct Link, (1:32)
3. Watch the following video about some important parts and features of an email (Gmail and Outlook). Direct link (5:00)
4. After watching the short video practice writing an email to your teacher.
7. Class Discussion and Reflections:
a. How is creating an email similar to texting or snapchatting? How are they different? How is the structure different or the same?
b. How might the structure of your email messages change depending on the person you are sending it to? How do you or don't you follow good Digital Etiquette rules of the road?
c. Share an experience where you sent an email you didn't mean to send. What happened and what should you have done differently?
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
d. Manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for intellectual and creative pursuits
Websites and Documents
- A Gmail Guide for Students from EdTechCafe
- Digital Etiquette
- Email 101
- Introduction to Email Basics
- Tips & Tricks with Gmail
Videos from Outside Sources
- Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Outlook YouTube (12:48)
- Netiquette: A Students Guide to Digital Etiquette YouTube
- Top 15 Tips and Tricks for Gmail YouTube (19:39)
- Twenty Tips and Tricks for Outlook YouTube (19:31)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes