Q1 Fire Rescue Step 1
Introduction for step 1
Your task is to work with a partner or small group to brainstorm ideas for how to help a family that has lost their home due to a fire. The end goal is to create a plan for organizing a relief effort to help the family who has lost their home.
Some digital graphic organizer tool suggestions:
1. Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint
3. You may have other digital tools suggested by your teacher or already know about.
For Google Slides: You can watch a Mind Map Tutorial with Google Slideshow YouTube (4:32) and/or make a copy of this Google Slideshow Brainstorm Document.
- Students can take a screenshot of their organizer to share with their teacher and add to your student portfolio.
- To share an organizer online or by email students will have to create or use an account. Note: Some designs cannot be downloaded unless they are paid for.
- Watch the short video tutorial to learn how to create a quick graphic organizer using one of the Canva templates.
Video Title: Design Graphic Organizer Activities |Canva for Education video tutorial (2:45) YouTube
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods
5. Computational Thinker
b. Collect data or identify relevant data sets
6. Creative Communicator
c. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
Websites and Documents
- 10 Ways AI Can Make Your Kitchen Smart
- Canva Online Graphic Organizer Templates
- Dairy USDA Website
- Fruits USDA Website
- Grains USDA Website
- Let's Foodie
- Proteins USDA Website
- Recipe Creation Tips
- Vegetables USDA Website
Videos From Outside Sources
- Design Graphic Organizer Activities/Canva YouTube (2:45)
- Mind Map Tutorial with Google Slides YouTube (4:32)
21t4s Documents & Quizzes