Q2 Thrill Rides
1. Virtually visit the Cedar Point Amusement Park.
2. Explore their list of rides (roller coasters and/or thrill). Select 5 rides that you would like to ride.
3. Use a graphic organizer (Canva, Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, or another type) and list them each separately by name and include the thrill level. You might want to include a small image of your favorite ones.
Rougarou (thrill = 5)
4. Create a screenshot (image capture) of your graphic organizer.
5. Save it to your File Space, you may want to add it to your digital portfolio.
6. Check with your teacher about doing a creative follow up activity.
Some suggestions: create a poster or advertisement of favorite rides, plan a trip to Cedar Point and include attractions, games, and rides, create a budget for a trip to an amusement park, have a class vote on the "best one."
Continue to the next page to a explore roller coaster database.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods
5. Computational Thinker
b. Collect data or identify relevant data sets
6. Creative Communicator
b. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
Websites and Documents
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Database of Operating Roller Coasters in North America
- How Stuff Works
- Links to Amusement Parks Around the World
Videos From Outside Sources
21t4s Documents & Quizzes