Q4 Shortcuts Step 3 Tech Gymnastics
Keyboarding skills are the ultimate Shortcut
Want to do well in school?
Build up your keyboarding skills and it will make life online, writing papers, searching for tunes, taking tests, texting, and just about everything online much quicker and easier. Many of the places you might apply for a job require keyboarding skills.
Have you been typing/keyboarding with a hunt and peck system? With two thumbs? Many tests used in schools will require you to be able to type or enter data more quickly.
Your goal is to build your typing speed to 35 words per minute (wpm). The faster and more accurately you can type, the better chance you have to meet challenges ahead. Take a speed test (no tickets will be given out for speeding!) and then use the free programs listed below to improve your skills.
Take a keyboarding test!
1. Take a keyboarding test at Typing Test.
We recommend that your teacher set up a FREE account at Typing.com so you can log in and practice proper finger placement and get your speed and accuracy rates.
An alternate resource is the Typing Club, which also has a placement test and lessons.
Typing apps for the iPad:
3. Share the results with your teacher and set a personal goal for improvement. You might choose to enter your keyboarding score on your checklist, or your Student Showcase Portfolio.
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
Websites and Documents
- 8 Hidden iPad Secrets that will turn you into a Pro
- 10 Great Shortcuts from LifeWire
- Chromebook Support for Multitasking
- How to Split the Screen with a Windows 10 Device
- KidsType BBC Typing Games
- Quiz for the Chromebook
- Tap Typing Trainer
- Typing.com Typing Games
- Typing Club
- Typing Racer
- Typing Test
- Windows 10 Shortcuts
- Word Drop HD
Videos from Outside Sources
- 2 Ways to have a Split Screen on your Chromebook without an Extension YouTube
- How to Use iPad Gestures & Multitasking for IOS12 YouTube
- How to Use Split View on your Mac — Apple Support YouTube
- iPad Gestures to Know YouTube
- iPad 18 Tricks You Didn't Know Existed iPad OS 14 YouTube
- 10 Fun and Wacky Shortcuts Video
- Animated Intro Video
- How to Split the Screen on a Chromebook Video
- Split the Screen with a Windows 10 Device Video
- Tech Gymnastics Animated Video
21t4s Documents & Quizzes