AI & 21Things
- Where is AI located in the different Things & Quests?
- What are some potential problems with AI
- Bias and discrimination
- Data is not always up-to-date
- Data privacy and security
- Data is not always accurate - pulled from many different sources
- Misinformation and manipulation
Professional Development Opportunities
- ISTE offers a course on teaching AI and has curriculum guides for some levels and content areas. Check their schedule
- Google offers courses and resources on their Google AI page.
- Microsoft offers a variety of courses and has some free "Learn" options such as: Empower educators to explore the potential artificial intelligence (9 unit module 53 min)
- REMC.org offers Professional Learning courses in Michigan. These courses for Michigan educators are free and include SCECHs.
- Rushton Hurley's CHATGPT free course
- Free course https://www.aiforeducation.io/ai-course
Organizations offering resources for teaching, lessons, blogs, podcasts and videos
- Code.org/ai They have a great Google Slide deck you can copy and the videos are excellent.
- edWeb.net offers edWebinars where you can use the search to locate webinars about AI, and then watch a recording, listen to the Podcast, or read the article, or sign up to attend one online.
- Podcasts about AI from builtin.com
Some outstanding YouTube presentations:
- 8 AI Resources For The Classroom by Rachelle Dene Poth and Holly Clark
AI and Its Impact on Teaching and Learning, Melissa White (11/2023)
Wakelet (Ilene Winokur) - AI in Education focused presentations
AI for Education - Free Educator Curriculum Lesson Resources
AI & Inclusion ISTE Expert Webinar Presentation
ISTE Hands-on Project Educator Guides for elementary, secondary, elective, CSE, AI Ethics
U.S. Office of Educational Technology Insights and Recommendations (May 2023) PDF "Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Teaching and Learning"
Dec 2023 list
SchoolAI Spaces - Fascinating sets of resources for educators, and you can create your own chatbots for different subject areas, assignments, and much more.
MagicSchool.ai Favorites there are too amazing to list - this site has to be visited.
- https://schoolai.com/ has an amazing area called Spaces.
- Wordtune - paste in a sentence and improve it.
- Autodraw - Start drawing a shape and it will give you suggestions and finish the drawing for you.
- Scribble Diffusion - Turn your sketch into a refined image using AI.
- Open Art AI - Lots of different tools to enhance or create art.
- Teachable Machine - Train a computer to recognize your own images, sounds, & poses.
- AI Prompt Library - A variety of prompts to help you lesson plan and do administrative tasks with GenAI chatbots
- Craiyon - Create AI art
- Playground AI - Create and edit images
- Twee - Create quiz questions for any YouTube video
- Diffit - Get level resources
- Goblin Tools - is a collection of small, simple, single-task tools, mostly designed to help neuro-divergent people with tasks they find overwhelming or difficult